Saturday, May 12, 2007

Open Solaris, FreeBSD and Ubuntu

I have been thinking about these three Operating systems, I know very good committers from these three communities who can go in-depth about praising their operating system.

So I am writing something similar to network sniffer. When I talked to three gurus seperately they told me how to take advantage of their system and not the other ones. Now I am totally confused with what to use.

I do not have patience or time to checkout which network stack is more mature.. I think I will just start with Linux, apparently Linux has bigger community with network stack but immature network stack. Really do not know what to do..

Updates in few more days! I need to choose one of these three.. btw I was almost chose RTLinux or Ubuntu.

No comments: